A variation of the classic grilled ham and cheese sandwich
- Preheat the microwave oven by pressing OVEN once, turn the dial to set the temperature to 200°C and press START/SET. To make the cheese sauce, melt the butter over low heat in a saucepan, add the all-purpose flour and stir for 2 minutes. Pour the hot milk in slowly, whisking constantly, until the sauce thickens. Turn off the heat. Add salt, black pepper, nutmeg and half of the grated parmesan cheese and set aside.
- Place the slices of bread on the 2 microwave trays and toast in the preheated microwave oven for 10 minutes. Flip over each slice and bake for another 2 minutes or until toasted.
- Press MENU SELECT on the rice cooker to select QUICK COOK and press START. Melt a small amount of unsalted butter. Add in the eggs, then salt and black pepper to taste. Stir frequently until they are set.
- Brush half of the slices of toast with the Dijon mustard. To each, add a slice of turkey ham and top with the Gruyere cheese. Add a spoonful of the scrambled eggs and another slice of turkey ham, then place over another slice of toast. Slather the cheese sauce and sprinkle the remaining grated parmesan cheese. Bake in the microwave oven for 5 minutes. Grill for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the cheese topping is bubbly and lightly browned.
Tips: Add a small amount of cream to the scrambled eggs to make them smoother.
- 8 slices Bread (preferably sourdough)
- 8 Eggs
- 10g Dijon Mustard
- 16 slices Turkey Ham
- 16 slices Gruyere Cheese
Cheese Sauce Ingredients
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 tbsp All-purpose Flour
- 2 cups Hot Milk
- 1⁄2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- A pinch Nutmeg
- 100g Grated Parmesan Cheese