If eating healthier is one of your goals this year, try the Emperor Herbal Chicken during Chinese New Year. It’s super easy with the Panasonic Slow Cooker!
- Marinate the chicken with salt, pepper, sugar and oyster sauce.
- Place the chicken into the slow cooker pot. Add in the herbs, mushrooms, water chestnut and water.
- Cook for 6 hours under “Auto” setting.
- Serve Hot.
- 1.2 kg Whole chicken
- 8 pcs Water chestnut (soak overnight)
- 4 Dried mushroom (soak for 4 hours)
- 3 pc Chinese angelica(tong kwai)
- 1 tbsp Wolfberry(kei qi)
- 5 pcs Red dates
- 5 Dried Longman
- 5 pcs Solomon sea (yuk chuk)
- 3 cups Water
- 1/3 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp White pepper