A refreshing local salad featuring green papaya with pineapple, green apple, water spinach, cucumber and a sprinkling of ground peanuts for texture, tossed in a savoury dressing. You can also add in some Youtiao as an option.
- To make the sauce, mix caster sugar, lime juice, sambal tumis, salt, black brown prawn paste and tamarind juice together in a bowl.
- Once sauce is mixed, toss all the Rojak ingredients together in a large bowl with the sauce before serving and top with ground roasted peanuts.
- 6 tablespoons caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sambal tumis (fried chili paste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons black prawn paste
- 8 tablespoons tamarind juice
- ½ a pineapple, peeled and sliced
- ½ a green papaya, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 green apple, cored, sliced thinly and tossed in lime juice
- 1 cup beansprouts, blanched and drained
- 1 cup kangkong (water spinach), blanched and cut into 5cm lengths
- 1 cucumber, seeds removed and cut into thin slices
- 200 grams roasted peanuts, ground
- 2 crispy Youtiao (Chinese fried dough), sliced