Tender grilled chicken with chilli, lemongrass and sawtooth herb served with fresh herbs and pickled vegetables.
- Combine all ingredients for marinade and mix using the hand blender, chopping everything into a coarse mixture.
- Season the chicken with the marinade for at least half an hour.
- To preheat the microwave oven, select the OVEN function, set the temperature to 180°C and press START. Grill the chicken for 10-15 minutes or until cooked.
- Slice and serve with rice, lettuce leaves, pickled radishes and other condiments.
Tips: If you can’t find sawtooth herb, you can use 2 tablespoon of chopped coriander leaves instead.
- 8 Chicken Chops, about 80-90g each
- 2 tbsp Thai Palm Sugar
- 3 tbsp Vietnamese Fish Sauce (Phú Quốc)
- 1 Red Chilli, whole
- 10g Ginger
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2 stalks Lemongrass, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sawtooth Herb (aka Saw Leaf), chopped
- As needed Vegetable Oil
- As desired Fresh Lettuce Leaves
- As desired Thai Basil Leaves
- As desired Red Chillies, sliced
- As desired Mint Leaves
- As desired Pickled Carrots and Radishes