- Cook rice by placing rice and water in a heat-proof bowl and cooking on Steam-Med mode for 20 minutes. Cool slightly and mix with furikake (if using) to taste.
- To assemble onigiri, rub some salt onto both hands and spread some rice onto one palm. Place 1-2 teaspoons of selected filling (use any of the variants in this recipe) in the centre of the rice and top with more rice. Press into a triangular shape and wrap a piece of nori around the rice.
- Rub salmon with a generous amount of salt. Place on baking tray lined with aluminum foil and cook on Healthy Fry mode for 20 minutes or until cooked. Cool, then flake the salmon.
- Combine all the ingredients. Spread chicken out on baking tray lined with aluminum foil and bake on Convection (with preheat) mode at 190oC for 15 – 20 minutes until cooked. Cool, then cut into small pieces
- Steam potato on Steam-Med mode for 25 minutes or until cooked. Peel off potato skin, cut into small cubes and toss with mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar and salt to taste.
- 360g Japanese rice, rinsed and washed
- 420ml water
- furikake (Japanese rice seasoning, optional)
- 2 nori sheets, cut into 3 strips each
Fried Salmon Variant
- 1 pce salmon fillet (about 200g)
Sesame Chicken Variant
- 1 chicken breast (about 300g), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ tsp sesame oil
Potato Mayo Variant
- 1 potato
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar