Vietnamese style prawn spring rolls – an ideal snack or part of a meal, it is wonderfully low in fat and high in protein.
- Peel and devein the tiger prawns and boil in pot until cooked, then cut them into halves.
- Rehydrate rice paper in a shallow dish of water until soft.
- Blend the ingredients for the dip together in the mixer grinder until smooth.
- Arrange the cooked tiger prawn in halves, lettuce, carrots, rice vermicelli on the Vietnamese rice paper and top with the Thai basil, mint leaves and coriander. Roll gently to prevent the delicate Vietnamese rice paper from breaking.
Tips: For an authentic Vietnamese style presentation, place the cooked prawns on the rice paper first so the colour shows through the translucent rice paper.
- 1 pack of 8 Vietnamese Rice Paper
- 8 large Tiger Prawns
- 50g Lettuce, chopped
- 100g Carrot, julienned
- 100g Rice Vermicelli, cooked
- 2 tbsp Thai Basil
- 2 tbsp Mint Leaves
- 2 tbsp Coriander, chopped
- 4 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Water
- To taste Sugar
- To taste Lime Juice
- 2 Cloves Garlic