Thai Style red rice with prawns served in a pineapple bowl – big on flavour, as well as protein, vitamins, minerals and dietary fibre.
- Cook the red rice with 500ml of water in the rice cooker by pressing MENU SELECT to select BROWN RICE and press START.
- Cut pineapple in half and use a melon baller or spoon to hollow it out. Retain the husk.
- Sauté garlic, onion, chilli, and the pineapple in the rice cooker with olive oil. Add tumeric powder and stir well.
- Add the cooked red rice and raisins into the rice cooker and give it a good stir. Garnish with spring onions and season with salt and pepper before serving. Place pineapple rice into husk.
- 250g Red rice
- 500ml Water
- 1 whole Pineapple
- As needed Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp Garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp Green chili, sliced
- 200g Prawns
- 1 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 5 tbsp Raisins
- To taste Salt & pepper
- For garnish Spring Onions, chopped
Tips: Discard the middle portion of the pineapple, as it is hard and woody.