- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees
- Mix together the salt, butter, paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper and cumin in a bowl.
- Rinse the chicken and remove the giblets. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Pop the lemons and garlic into the cavity of the chicken.
- Baste the chicken with the spices.
- Pop the chicken into the oven and roast for 150 – 175 minutes at 150 degree Celsius, basting once every hour.
- It will be a beautiful brown colour when done. Let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 tablespoons of salt
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- ½ lemon quartered
- 6 cloves garlic peeled and smashed