- Preheat Panasonic Electric Oven on to 180oC on upper and lower tubes.
- In a bowl, sieve together flour and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar until white and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, creaming well in between each addition. Stir in vanilla essence.
- Fold in flour mixture. Stir in milk. Be careful not to overmix.
- Fill cupcake cups to about 2/3 full and place them onto baking tray.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until cooked. Cool.
- Decorate with fondant and buttercream – Make horns (push a toothpick halfway into each horn) and ears out of fondant and dust with gold dust, then leave to dry. Cover the cupcakes with rounds of rolled fondant. Attach the horns to the cupcakes. Pipe buttercream stars around the horns and attach the ears. Finish off with drawing the eyes.
- 110 g plain flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 125 g butter
- 100 g castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp milk
- White fondant
- Buttercream in various pastel colours
- Edible gold dust
- Black edible marker
Do not overmix the cupcake batter or the cupcakes may turn out dense and hard